Autonomous: this is how, for now, the contribution base changes
The Government has to clarify what it will do with the quotes. For now, these are the options of the self-employed to contribute to Social Security.
Although it is one of the electoral promises of the PSOE, at the moment the self-employed can choose their own contribution base. The idea of ??the new Government, according to its own electoral proposals, is that this type of professionals quote for real income. While waiting for this point to be confirmed, and to consolidate a hypothetical system that allows to pay as it is earned, the self-employed have a system of free choice.
How and when can a freelancer choose what he pays to Social Security?
Self-employed workers can modify their contribution base. In this way, the more they pay, the better coverage they will get at the time of sick leave or retirement, among other things.
This procedure, which is carried out through Social Security, allows applying to all self-employed registered in the RETA. The period during which this change can be made is between January 1 and March 31, with effects of the change on April 1.
The same happens between April 1 and June 30, between July 1 and September 30 and, finally, between October 1 and December 31.
Currently, self-employed workers can make as many requests as they wish, with only the last valid request being made, provided that it has been completed within the indicated deadlines.
How to modify the contribution base
Interested self-employed can carry out this procedure electronically. To do this, they must access the electronic Social Security headquarters, and within the "Companies" device, click on the enrollment and enrollment option.
Once there, you will have to select the option to change the contribution base in the spatial regime of self-employed workers. If you do not yet have a digital certificate, you can do it with a username and password or with cl @ ve.
The technical requirements are to have Windows 7 or higher, MAC OSX 00000 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 or Linux while supporting Firefox. For the other two operating systems indicated above, you can use Internet Explorer in version 9 or higher, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Safari or Firefoz.
Source: Cinco días
In other news
- New modifications in the Sosial Security contribution for Freelancers
- New help for Freelancers
- Government´s help update for Autonomous
- Details about goventment measures in front of Coronavirus
- Real Decreto BOE 18/03/2020 - Medidas contra el Coronavirus
- Government measures in front of COVID-19
- Measures to afford COVID-19 ERTE
- Social benefit: the great problem of the self-employed worker
- Inspection of the Treasury: what you should know so that everything goes well
- Specific steps of freelancers and SMEs that want to hire foreigners
- The 20 websites that every entrepreneur, SME and self-employed must know in 2019